Monday, October 7, 2024

My 2023 Political Donations

 

The 2024 election is only a month away.

So let’s take a look at my political donations for last year’s elections.

I plan to publish an article about my 2024 political donations later this year.

 

 

In 2023, I donated to two political candidates, Janet Protasiewicz and Andy Beshear.

Both candidates won their elections. 

I donated a total of $26 to political races in 2023.

 

 

I donated to Janet Protasiewicz, a candidate for the Wisconsin Supreme Court. 

 


 

In case you were wondering, Protasiewicz is pronounced Pro-Tuh-Say-Witz.

 

Republican gerrymandering and abortion rights were key issues in the campaign.

The campaign was technically non-partisan, but everyone knew Protasiewicz was effectively running as a Democrat, and her opponent, Dan Kelly, was effectively running as a Republican.

I donated $20 to support Protasiewicz’s election: $10 directly to her campaign, and $10 to America Votes, a progressive organization that coordinated door knocking for her campaign.

 

 

Protasiewicz won her April 2023 election by 11.0%.

Janet Protasiewicz received 55.5% of the vote, and Dan Kelly received 44.5%.  

 

 

I donated $6 to Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear, a Democrat running for reelection.  

 


 

Abortion rights were a key issue in the campaign.

Beshear won the November 2023 election by 5.1%.

Beshear received 52.5% of the vote, and his Republican opponent, Daniel Cameron, received 47.5%.

 

 

 

 

Donations by Location and Office Sought

 

Protasiewicz received 77% of my donations in 2023, and Beshear received 23%.

Thus, 77% of my donations went to an election in Wisconsin, and 23% went to an election in Kentucky.




 

 

Likewise, 77% of my donations went to a State Supreme Court race, and 23% went to a Governor’s race.




 

 

 

Donations by Month

 

I donated $20 to support Protasiewicz in March.

I donated $3 to Beshear in August, and $3 to Beshear in September.

Here is a line graph showing my political donations over the course of the year.




 

Overall, the 2023 elections went well for Democrats.  

Hopefully, Democrats will win important races this year as well.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment