Monday, April 16, 2012

How I voted in the Democratic Presidential Caucus


On Saturday, April 14th, I voted in the Saline County Democratic Presidential Caucus. I even made it into the Salina Journal, my hometown newspaper.

The only drama Saturday was supplied by Jason Beets, 20, of Salina, who first declared his support uncommitted before he bowed to the overwhelming Obama majority.

The Kansas State University journalism student is at odds with the president over his foreign policy.

"I think we need to get out of Afghanistan faster," Beets said. He expressed displeasure over Obama's support of the military in Egypt that is cracking down on dissidents who speak out against the government, and in Bahrain, where leaders have little patience for "peaceful pro-democracy demonstrations."

While he has other complaints against Obama, Beets said, "I think he would be better than any of the Republican candidates."

No comments:

Post a Comment