Friday, October 23, 2015

I’ve been gone awhile

It’s been 5 months since I’ve published a post and 8 months since I’ve published anything about national security. 

I’ve continued to work full-time as a reporter at The Daily Union in Junction City, Kansas. I’ve learned a lot about teacher contract negotiations, dealing with public relations representatives, small town politics and writing stories quickly, clearly and accurately. 

I have also moved from Manhattan to Junction City.

In my spare time, I have learned a lot about gender identity and started dating my girlfriend after being single for six years.

After learning about gender, I now identify as gender-fluid. I realize most of you have no idea what that means, and I might have time to explain it later. 

My girlfriend is transgender, which means she was assigned male at birth but identifies as female.

I should do a post on gender at some point, but today I crystallized my thoughts on sexual orientation and wanted to write about it, which is why I’m back today.

If I waited to post my thoughts until after I wrote an article on gender, I’m afraid it would take far too long to publish.

I hope the post can be understood by a general audience. If not, please let me know and I can try to explain anything that's unclear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment