Saturday, September 2, 2023

LGBT by the Numbers

 

Once again, people are debating LGBT topics in the United States and around the world.

In particular, transgender people are increasingly visible as politicians debate and discuss transgender rights.

Unfortunately, this public attention is largely due to bigoted attacks by social conservatives.

But hopefully, in the long run, increased visibility will prompt more people to accept and understand transgender people. 

 

 

As discussions about trans rights continue to unfold, many people will encounter identity terms and concepts they're unfamiliar with. 

In this series, I will define the most common LGBT identities, and explain these terms in a way the general public can easily understand.

I believe this will help LGBT allies learn more about these topics, and help LGBT people better understand each other.

 

 

These kinds of guides are commonly used by readers who are looking to understand their own sexuality and gender.

If that’s you, welcome!

Regardless of why you’re here, I hope this series will help you learn about these important topics.

 


This series will cover subjects I previously discussed on Meticulous Musings.

But this guide will supplement my previous coverage in several important ways.

First, I will explain the umbrella terms used by many LGBT people, and explain how the various LGBT identities relate to each other conceptually.

Second, this series will include in-depth discussions of surveys that measure how common LGBT identities are in the United States.

Finally, this guide will fill in the gaps about identities I either didn’t mention in my previous articles or that could benefit from additional discussion.

When relevant, I will link back to my earlier articles to encourage readers to learn more about the ideas discussed in this series. 

This guide will also feature many colorful pride flags. 

 

 

I plan to publish articles in the series about a week or two apart.

So I hope you'll join me as we explore LGBT identity, by the numbers. 

 

 

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment