Monday, March 18, 2024

New Data, New Insights

 

Gallup has released its latest findings about the size and composition of the LGBT community in the United States.

Last month, I wrapped up LGBT by the Numbers, a series that used survey data to examine how common various LGBT identities are in the US.

 

 

Previous Coverage: LGBT by the Numbers — Table of Contents

(Meticulous Musings)

 

 

In that series, I regularly cited the results of Gallup’s 2022 survey as I compared its findings to other LGBT surveys.

We now have Gallup’s 2023 results. I’m excited to see what’s changed and what new insights its data has to offer.

 

To differentiate the new articles from the previous series, I plan to refer to this series as, “LGBT by the Numbers, Season 2”. 


Last year, my initial analysis of Gallup’s 2022 findings fit comfortably within a single article.

 

 

Previous Coverage: Sexual Orientation in the United States

(Meticulous Musings)

 

 

This year, I plan to spread my analysis of Gallup’s 2023 survey over the course of several articles.

This is because I’ve already introduced the data from other surveys I plan to compare it to, and because I’ve already introduced the other ways I plan to conceptualize Gallup’s results.

If you haven’t read the earlier series, that’s not a problem.

I plan to write my upcoming articles so they don’t require previous knowledge of what I’ve written before.

But I will link back to those earlier analyses, which will provide new readers additional context for the new numbers.

 

In the next article, we’ll dive into the data to see what it can tell us about LGBT identity in the United States. 

 

 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment